- Personal data we handle through our Amanda AI Events check-in system (“Attendee Data”)
- Personal data we handle through our Amanda AI Office visitor management system (“Visitor Data”)
- Personal data we handle for our own business (“Personal Information”)
1. Amanda AI Events: Attendee Data
The Amanda AI Events check-in system (the “Events Service”) allows event organizers (“Organizers”) to provide check-in services for events. The Events Service allows individuals taking part in an event (“Attendees”) to check-in to the event using facial recognition, QR code scan, email input, name input, or other methods. Attendees have access to the Events Service through Organizers.
Organizers use the Events Service based on the following process:
- Facial recognition check-in is optional and requires Attendee consent
- Organizers provide TTT Labs with access to the list of Attendees that includes data necessary for Attendees to complete the check-in process, print a name badge (if applicable), and other event processes defined by Organizers.
- With the approval of Organizers, TTT Labs contacts Attendees to inform them of the use of the Events Service at an event.
- To opt-in to facial recognition check-in, Attendees uploads a photo of their face to the Events Service.
- The Events Service analyzes the photo and generates a “Facial Identifier”, unique data that can be used to recognize the same face in a different photo or video.
- Once the Facial Identifier is created, the photo is discarded.
- For the Events Service, we only store the Facial Identifier, not the original photo.
- Once at the event, Attendees use kiosks to check-in using one or more of the check-in methods provided by Organizers.
- All Facial Identifiers from an event are deleted one week following an event. Facial Identifiers created for one event are not used for other events, unless indicated otherwise by Organizers.
B. Attendee Data we handle
The Events Service handles the following types of data:
- The photo Attendees submit through the Events Service. The photo is discarded once a Facial Identifier is generated.
- The Facial Identifier generated from the photo.
- Attendee Data provided by Organizers necessary for Attendees to complete the check-in process, print a name badge (if applicable), and other event processes defined by Organizers. Attendee Data varies based on Organizer. Attendee Data is typically provided by Organizers through a third-party event registration platform.
- Image or video at the event check-in kiosk required to identify Attendees if they have opted-in for facial recognition check-in.
C. Use and disclosure of Attendee Data
Subject to our contractual obligations to Organizers, TTT Labs uses and discloses Attendee Data follows:
- To provide the Events Service;
- To improve the Events Service;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern the Events Service;
- To comply with the law and protect rights, safety and property;
- In connection with a business sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets or reorganization; or
- For other purposes authorized by Organizers or their representatives.
For those purposes, we may share Attendee Data with our affiliates and other entities that help us with any of the above.
D. Attendee Data rights and choices
To exercise any rights you have under privacy or data protection law regarding your Attendee Data, please contact Organizers with whom you signed up to use the Events Service. If you are unsure who to contact, you can contact us and we will attempt to resolve your request or refer the request to the relevant parties.
2. Amanda AI Office: Visitor Data
The Amanda AI Office visitor management system (the “Visitor Management Services”) allows organizations (“Business Customers”) to log and manage visitor information. Within the scope of the Visitor Management Services, our Business Customers may submit to us data or information they possess about their visitors (“Visitor Data”) for hosting and processing purposes.
B. Use and disclosure of Visitor Data
Business Customers may use Visitor Data in connection with Visitor Management Services in an automated manner. We only use Visitor Data per the terms of our relevant agreement with our Business Customers, or as required by law. When a Business Customer communicates with a Visitor, in some instances, personal data may be shared with such a visitor.
C. Personal Data rights and choices
3. Personal Information
When you use the Site, we may collect the following information:
A. Non-Identifiable Data
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Non-Identifiable Data.” We collect Non-Identifiable Data using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your non-identifiable data?
We use the Non-Identifiable Data that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
B. Personal Data that you provide
When you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase, contact us with inquiries, or register yourself to access our Services through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Personal Data.”
How do we use your personal data?
We use the Personal Data that we collect generally to complete any orders of our Services placed through the Site (including processing your payment information and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). If you provide Personal Data for a given reason, we may use the Personal Data you provide within the scope of the reason it was provided. Additionally, this may include the use of your Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders of our Services for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe or wish to have your Personal Data deleted from our mailing list, please contact us as indicated below.
C. Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
D. Behavioural Advertising
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
E. Your Rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
TTT Labs Ltd.
1250 – 777 Dunsmuir St.
Last updated on November 18, 2019